The Sexual Abuse Help Foundation has been operating since 1985 in Wellington and since 2005 in the Porirua region providing a comprehensive rape and sexual abuse crisis support and counselling service.
A society free from sexual violence
HELP will work with individuals, families and other support networks to raise awareness of sexual violence and reduce its impacts on our families and community through.
- 24/7 crisis intervention
- Prevention, education and professional development programmes
- Cooperation with other service providers, both government and non government.
HELP’s work is underpinned by the following values:
- Respect – we value, respect and embrace the diversity in our community
- Accessibility – we work to ensure our services are accessible to all
- Integrity – we will operate with integrity with ourselves, our clients and our community
- Accountability – we seek to be transparent and accountable for the work we do for our clients and our community
- Collobaration – we recognize the need to work collaboratively with our community and our clients and maintain clear and open channels of communication.
In all its practices, HELP asserts that anyone who has experienced any form of Sexual Violence has the right to be treated with dignity, compassion and respect and be informed of, and have access to local assistance, counselling, health and welfare services.
HELP recognizes the Treaty of Waitangi as the founding document for Aotearoa/New Zealand.
HELP is a charitable trust which relies on government and philanthropic grants for its operation, as well as donations from the public.